Join our Team
Run with Mac from the Zoo to the Capitol in support of foster youth!
Whether you want to run, walk, or cheer, you can make a big impact on the lives of foster youth.
We’re standing for family, for permanency, and for every child in our community to have a place to call home.
We’ll be pointing to our bibs—which all have the same number… 8759 (down from 9174 last year!)… the number of youth currently in foster care in our community… a number we’d like to continue to reduce.
Thank you for making a difference in our community! More event details are below.
Here’s the plan for Saturday, April 16, 2022:
1. If you would like to run 3 miles from the Sacramento Zoo to the Capitol, please plan to arrive around 8:45am so we can leave at 9:00am sharp. We’ll meet at the front entrance of the Zoo.
We will run at a 12/min/mi (moderate jog) pace arriving at the Capitol around 9:40am. There should be plenty of parking in and around William Land Park. We will have extra bibs and t-shirts.
2. If you would rather walk and/or help cheer us on, please meet at the Capitol around 9:30am. Coffee, Mochi-nut donuts, and light breakfast items will be provided. Look for a tent near the west steps of the Capitol (facing Capitol Mall and the tower bridge). Justice, Rebecca, and a few other friends will be there to welcome you. Pastor Wes at Westminster Church (1300 N St) has graciously offered free parking to anyone participating, and it’s just across the street from Capitol Park.
3. If you have selected “packet pick-up” the Stanford Sierra team will bring your packet to the Zoo, and then extras will be brought to the Capitol. This will include your T-shirt and bib number. If you forgot or haven’t gotten yours, don’t worry—we will have extras!
4. If you would like to bring someone who has not registered, no problem! We welcome all! We will have extra bibs and t-shirts, and our team will have the ability to register them on site if they wish. Every additional person will only amplify the cause, and we are grateful for all your support!
5. Lastly, we should all be at the Capitol by 9:50am. Stanford Sierra’s leadership will be sharing the need for resource families in our area and how you can help! We should be wrapped up by 10:00am.
After the event, shuttle service will be available for those wanting a ride back to their cars in Land Park. For your enjoyment, Mimosas will be served on the shuttle. Shuttles will run every 15 minutes.
This is the second annual event, and will certainly not be the last. Due to virtually no overhead for this event, all proceeds will flow directly to the programs and the families, which so far total more than $40,000. Thank you for helping to support this event and make it a success!