Run with Mac!
Join me and share your story on why you’re running for family, for permanency, and for every child in our community to have a place to call home.
Most importantly, we’ll be pointing to our bibs—which all have the same number… 9174… the number of youth currently in foster care in our community… a number we’d like to reduce.
Although the event has passed, we are still hoping to meet our fundraising goal of $50,000! Donating will get your name on the list for registration next year, too!
Thank you for making a difference in our community! More event details below.
Thank you so much for supporting our first-ever Family Fun Run.
Here’s the plan for April 17, 2021:
1. If you would like to run 3 miles from the Sacramento Zoo to the Capitol, please plan to arrive around 8am so we can leave at 8:15am sharp. We will run at a 12/min/mi (moderate jog) pace arriving at the Capitol around 8:50am. We’ll meet at the front entrance of the Zoo. There should be plenty of parking in and around William Land Park. We will have extra bibs and t-shirts.
2. If you would rather walk and/or help cheer us on, please meet at the Capitol around 8:30am. Coffee and light breakfast items will be provided. Look for a tent near the west steps of the Capitol (facing Capitol Mall and the tower bridge). Rebecca, Melissa, and a few other friends will be there to welcome you. Pastor Wes at Westminster Church (1300 N St) has graciously offered free parking to anyone participating, and it’s just across the street from Capitol Park.
3. If you have selected “packet pick-up” Melissa and the Stanford Sierra team will bring your packet to the Capitol. This will include your T-shirt and bib number (9174). If you forgot or haven’t gotten yours, don’t worry—we will have extras!
4. If you would like to bring someone who has not registered, no problem! We welcome all! We will have extra bibs and tshirts, and our team will have the ability to register them on site if they wish. Every additional person will only amplify the cause, and we are grateful for all support!
5. Lastly, we should all be at the Capitol by 8:50am, (masks are recommended on the grounds) and we will get ready to march together up the steps for a live broadcast on Good Day Sacramento. Stanford Sierra’s leadership will be interviewed on camera with us rallying and supporting in the background. It will be very fast, and we should be wrapped up by 9:15am.
After the event, shuttle service will be available for those wanting a ride back to their cars in Land Park and/or Westminster. For your safety, the buses will operate at limited capacity and masks will be provided. Shuttles will run every 10-15 minutes.
This is the first annual event, and will certainly not be the last. Due to virtually no overhead for this event, all proceeds will flow directly to the programs and the families, which so far total over $30,000. (More than 10% from our team!) Thank you for helping to inaugurate this event and make it a success!