BIG Day of Giving was a success!
Presented by GiveLocalNow, along with your local community foundations, Sacramento Region Community Foundation, Placer Community Foundation and Yolo Community Foundation, the BIG Day of Giving helped us raise over $900 in 24 hours!
Thank you so much for your support!
100% of the funds raised through this 1-day online challenge will go to directly support Stanford Youth Solutions’ Lifeline Fund. The Lifeline Fund helps cover basic needs as well as transportation, school supplies, music, art or sports programs, or structured social activities such as afterschool programs, to help youth and families focus on becoming stable and self-sufficient.
Examples of How the Lifeline Fund Benefits the Vulnerable Children and Families in our Community:
- A foster youth’s tutoring to get caught up to grade level: $500
- A family was provided a new refrigerator as they couldn’t afford one: $450
- Filing fees were paid to assist with two adoptions in our foster care program — two teen boys were adopted by their foster family!: $150
- A family received furniture to accommodate twin foster children: $1,350
- A family of five received funds for an emergency rent payment to prevent an eviction and homelessness: $800
- A foster youth was sent to summer basketball camp: $300
You can still make a huge impact on your community. Click HERE to donate.