Flexible Integrated Treatment (FIT) - Citrus Heights
The Behavioral Specialist coordinates with the FIT treatment team to provide community based, comprehensive, strength-based, culturally competent, trauma informed, flexible, effective, mental health services and supports to eligible at-risk children, youth, and families. The Behavioral Specialist I provides services and supports to youth and families that are delivered primarily in the youth’s home, school, and community, as determined by the child and family team and documented in the youth’s individualized treatment plan. The Behavioral Specialist supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of the agency.
- Minimum experience is a Bachelor’s degree plus 1 year of experience working with children or families with complex needs. Preferred education emphasis in human services, counseling, guidance, social work, etc. OR
- AA degree plus 2 years of experience working with children or families with complex needs. Preferred education emphasis in human services, counseling, guidance, social work, etc.
- Prepared to work independently with flexible hours that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Proven documentation skills and intermediate level computer skills including all MS Office programs
- Bilingual skills are a plus
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment within department and agency wide
- Ability to work in a mobile, fast paced environment
- Ability to use a laptop computer
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the families
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory State/Federal requirements
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, can maintain a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile
Specialist Hiring Range: $18.00 – $20.80 hourly
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.