Provides day-to-day support of the organization’s Information Technology systems as needed. Scope of responsibilities include support and administration of computer servers, workstations, networks, mobile phones and other technology, hardware and software implementation, maintenance, upgrades, inventory acquisition and disposal; telecommunications systems maintenance and troubleshooting. The IT Specialist will coordinate tasks, maintenance and trouble requests with other IT staff members as appropriate. The IT Specialist will also be a knowledge expert and primary point of contact for identified key agency software products, including Electronic Health Record systems, and associated systems. As a knowledge expert, the IT Specialist will provide troubleshooting, training and support to staff, and coordinate with other IT staff for support outside their job scope. Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Stanford Youth Solutions.
- Experience/Education: 3+ years of Information Technology experience, degree or industry certification
- Computer Skills
- Server – Working knowledge of Windows server systems including server hardware technologies, Windows Server software and technologies (Server 2008,2012), email server software (MS Exchange), backup systems and anti-virus/anti-spam software
- Virtualization infrastructure – Working knowledge of Virtualization infrastructure systems, specifically VMware ESX, Horizon View.
- Workstation – Strong knowledge of Windows workstation systems including Windows workstations OS platforms (Windows 7, 10), Productivity software (MS Office), deployment software and technologies; working knowledge of hardware and software troubleshooting
- Communication – Working knowledge of basic computer network systems & configuration, switched networks, Internet connectivity; Basic understanding of business and mobile telephone systems
- Security – Working knowledge of computer/data security and office security best practices
- Technology – Working knowledge of a wide range of miscellaneous technology products and peripherals such as mobile phones, tablets, printers, office machines, AV equipment
- Programming – Preferred knowledge and/or experience with one or more structured programming languages, including SQL, VB Script, Perl, PHP or ASP.NET
- Administrative Skills
- Customer Service – Strong customer service skills, with focus on providing prompt, professional, polite and skilled support to staff
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task effectively in a fast-paced, high interruption environment
- Strong organization skills
- Follow-up and follow-through– provide ongoing feedback to employee requests to completion
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work in a mobile, fast paced environment.
- Ability to use a laptop computer
Hiring Range: $16.83-$22.60 hourly
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.