Family Partner Manager
Family and Youth Partnership
The Family Partner Manager has personal experience participating in the system of care as a consumer and/or as a parent/caregiver, and has the skills, training and experience to perform the functions of a leader and manager at Stanford Sierra Youth & Families. Family Partners (FP) have four key functions: (1) ensure families (parents, caregivers, and youth) equal partners -if not leaders- in the development and implementation of their service plans; (2) represent the needs and perspectives of families (parents, caregivers, and youth) to internal and external stakeholders and decision makers within the system of care; (3) ensure that families (parents, caregivers, and youth) have access to a comprehensive array of prevention and support services that meet their individual needs; and (4) ensure that these services are family-centered, easily accessible, respectful of cultural, ethnic and other community characteristics, and stigma free. The Family Partner Manager serves as an advocate for parents/caregivers and considers the whole family in system planning. The Family Partner Manager supports this important function through direct service and as a manager and leader to other Family Partners in the organization. The Family Partner Manager performs these functions through the tasks, roles, and responsibilities described below as well as supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of the agency.
- Experience as a parent or caregiver of a child with a serious emotional disturbance receiving, or having previously received, services within the public systems, including: mental health, child welfare (CPS), or juvenile justice
- Previous experience with advocacy, outreach, and community resources preferred
- Previous management experience preferred
- Leadership qualities and demonstrated skill in managing time, systems, and teams.
- Basic knowledge of Public Mental Health/Child Welfare/Education systems, and the ability to advocate on the behalf of clients in navigating and negotiating those systems
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work flexible working hours, including evenings and some weekends
- Ability to work independently/self-motivated
- Sensitive to multicultural issues
- Adhere to all confidentiality and HIPAA requirements.
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of management.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment within department and agency wide.
- Ability to work in a mobile, fast paced environment.
- Ability to use a laptop computer
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory Federal/State/County and agency requirements.
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance, driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier.
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile
Hiring Range: $58,240 – $65,156 annually
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.