Resource Family Training Specialist
Pathways to Permanency
The Resource Family Training Specialist, under the guidance of the agency program directors, schedules, conducts, designs, evaluates, and implements training for Resource Families to assure that Community Care Standards are adhered to. The Training Specialist implements training that provides both clinical/trauma informed parenting techniques, while also supporting families in their understanding of the many elements of the child welfare system.
Education & Experience
- A Master’s degree from an accredited school in Social Work, Psychology, Counseling, Education or related human service field preferred.
- Experience in teaching, group presentation, facilitating groups and developing curriculum required
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of relevant trends and practices in child welfare, adoption, and
- Facilitation skills and ability to communicate effectively and translate needs between resource parents, staff, community partners, and all levels of management.
- Ability to develop, plan, implement and evaluate curriculum
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Working knowledge of:
- State Regulations for child placement agencies set forth by CDSS and CCL
- Welfare and Institution Code, Multi-Ethnic Placement Act (MEPA) and other related state and federal rules, regulations and laws pertaining to adoption, foster care, youth permanency, mentoring, and concurrent planning
- Adoption clinical issues
- Principles, practices and techniques used in the administration of adoption, foster care, youth permanency and concurrent planning
- Child psychology, child development, principles of individual and group behavior, family relationships, and family dynamics
- Accreditation Standards (COA)
- Proficient in computer technology, Microsoft Office 365 as well as Database/Case Management systems
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory State/Federal requirements
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, can maintain a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile
HIRING RANGE: $50,000 – $54,000 annually
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.