Youth Advocate, CSEC
Family and Youth Partnership (Sacramento)
Youth Advocates have personal experience participating in the system of care as a consumer and have the skills, training and experience to perform the functions of their role. The Youth Advocate – (YA) have four key functions: (1) to make youth equal partners -if not leaders- in the development and implementation of their service plans; (2) to represent the needs and perspectives of youth to internal and external stakeholders and decision makers within the system of care; (3) to ensure that youth have access to a comprehensive array of prevention and support services that meet their individual needs; and (4) to ensure that these services are family-centered, easily accessible, respectful of cultural, ethnic and other community characteristics, and stigma free. 5) Provide skill development training utilizing a structured curriculum. Youth Advocate serves as a voice for youth in planning and policy making. Youth Advocates perform these functions through the tasks, roles, and responsibilities described below. Supports the Mission, Vision, and Values of Stanford Sierra Youth & Families.
- Applicants MUST have had personal experience as a youth receiving services within the child welfare/foster care system to be considered this position
- Previous history as a Commercially Sexually Exploited Child (CSEC) or Sex Trafficking Survivor is strongly preferred
- The ability to relate to youth and to be seen as a positive role model is essential.
- Basic knowledge of Public Mental Health/Child Welfare/Education systems, and the ability to advocate on the behalf of clients in navigating and negotiating those systems
- Previous experience with advocacy, outreach, and community resources preferred
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Adhere to all confidentiality requirements
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize projects and assignments effectively
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment within department and agency wide
- Ability to work in a mobile, fast paced environment.
- Ability to use a laptop computer
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory Federal/State/County and agency requirements
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of current automobile insurance, driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile.
Hiring Range: $16.00 – $18.80 hourly
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.