Chief Program Officer
The Chief Program Officer (CPO) will serve as a critical member of the executive leadership team. In collaboration with the CEO, and the other executive team members, the CPO will plan, implement and oversee the program service delivery components of the strategic plan. The CPO will supervise the Program Directors who manage a wide array of direct care services. In conjunction with the Quality Improvement Department, the CPO will evaluate the effectiveness of programs and ensure the highest quality services are delivered. The CPO will focus on expanding mission aligned programming and diversify funding streams, and provide content expertise for the development of business proposals. The CPO will support the growth and development of staff in the organization, providing guidance and mentorship. The CPO will serve as a model of leadership within and outside of the organization. The CPO will stay informed of changes at the national, state and local level that impact the programs services of the organization. In consult with the CEO, the CPO will represent the agency in relationship to contract mandates, compliance requirements, accreditation guidelines and best clinical practices. This position supports the Mission, Vision, Values of Stanford Youth Solutions + Sierra Forever Families.
- Significant record of accomplishment with at least ten years of experience in the field of Human Services, Education, Child Welfare and/or Mental health including clearly demonstrated senior leadership operating multiple services programs.
- Advanced Degree in a Human Services related field is required; A current license with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences LCSW, LMFT, LPCC or a Doctoral Degree with current licensure with the American Psychological Association is preferred
- Experience working with the probation population is preferred
- Experience providing family centered, community based, individualized support and services
- Strong track record as a relationship builder and communicator with experience leading diverse work teams, developing an organization-wide strategy for program excellence, engaging community partners, and partnering with the CEO, executive team, and Board of Directors
- Ability to provide tangible examples of excellence in budget management, program analytics, measurement, and evaluation
- Ability to operate as an effective tactical and strategic thinker
- Proven track record of demonstrated integrity, excellence in work, and leading others to new levels of innovation, value, effectiveness, and programmatic impact
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Ability to take leadership in managing multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a team environment agency wide
- Ability to build and support a collaborative working environment
- Ability to work flexible working hours, based upon the needs of the agency
- Self-directed, effective in problem solving and managing multiple demands and objectives.
- Sensitive to multicultural issues and needs
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, group presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Verbal and written ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, community partners, consumers and all levels of leadership and management
- Ability to work in a mobile, fast paced and demanding environment
- Ability to use a laptop computer
- Fulfillment of TB test, background check clearance, and any other mandatory State/Federal requirements
- Valid California driver’s license, proof of automobile insurance, can a driving record acceptable to the agency’s insurance carrier
- Must provide and operate a registered, properly insured automobile
Director Hiring Range: $100,000+ annually
To apply, please fill out our online Employment Application.